Notice to Residents:
Harris County MUD 249 – Mandatory Water Conservation (Stage 2)
Due to the severe heat and weather conditions, your District has now entered Stage 2 of its Drought Contingency Plan. We ask that all residents conserve water by taking the following measures:
- Outdoor water use is limited to the hours between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Irrigations of landscaped areas with hose-end sprinklers or automatic irrigation systems are limited to:
- Odd-numbered addresses may use water outdoors on Saturdays and Wednesdays.
- Even-numbered addresses may use water outdoors on Sundays and Thursdays.
- All other customers - Tuesdays and Fridays
- Water leaks must be repaired within 72 hours of discovery.
- Use of water to wash any motor vehicle, motorbike, boat, trailer, airplane or other vehicle is prohibited except between the hours of 7:00 p.m. on the designated watering day(s) and 5:00 a.m. on the following day(s). Such washing, when allowed, shall be done with a hand-held bucket or a handheld hose equipped with a functioning positive shut-off device. Vehicle washing may be done at any time on the immediate premises of a commercial car wash or commercial service station. Further, such washing may be granted a variance from this restriction in accordance with Section XII of this Plan if the health, safety, or welfare of the public is contingent upon frequent vehicle cleansing, such as garbage trucks and vehicles used to transport food and perishables.
- Use of water to fill, refill, or add to any Aesthetic Water Use is prohibited except between the hours of 7:00 p.m. on the designated watering day(s) and 5:00 a.m. on the following day(s).
- Operation of any ornamental fountain or pond for aesthetic or scenic purposes is prohibited except where necessary to support aquatic life or where such fountains or ponds are equipped with a recirculation system.
- Use of water from hydrants shall be limited to firefighting, related activities, or other activities necessary to maintain public health, safety, and welfare, except that use of water from designated fire hydrants for construction purposes may be allowed under special permit from the District.
- Use of water for the irrigation of golf course greens, tees, and fairways is prohibited except between the hours of 7:00 p.m. on the designated watering day(s) and 5:00 a.m. on the following day(s). However, if the golf course utilizes a water source for irrigation other than that provided by the District's potable water supply system, the golf course shall not be subject to this restriction.
- All restaurants are prohibited from serving water to their patrons except when requested.
- To the extent not otherwise provided or otherwise in conflict with any of the above, all other Non-essential Water Uses are prohibited.
For a complete copy of the District’s Drought Contingency Plan, please the link below.
Did you find this article helpful? Your neighbors and friends might too. Spread the news via the share button at the top of this article to Facebook, Twitter & Nextdoor!